Monday, February 5, 2007


A few days ago, we talked about the pyramids in Egypt and an instructor asked us if we know any other place where pyramids are located. I know one :) It’s on the top of Market Mall! Two big ones and four small ones (at least I can see these) hee hee! You can see them in pic.

Many LEAP students write how much they miss their families and homes. I do it too, but as one guy (can’t remember who) commented, we should try not to think about that so often and it will be easier. I agree. One day when I was thinking about my family, I went to google-maps or google-Earth (one of them) and found my house in Lithuania!!!! I could see cars parked around, trees, and other houses. That was pretty exciting :) By the way, I have one little story to cheer you up :)

Guess who said bye-bye to a Christmas tree yesterday??? Hmmm… was it really a CHRISTMAS tree…we decorated it only a few days before the New Year’s eve :) Anyway, the way we said farewell was quite funny – instead of dragging it all the way through the hallway and throwing needles on the carpet, we simply throw the tree from the balcony from the third floor. Just like that. Ups. Actually, I wanted to suggest to pick some cones as souvenirs, bet when I opened my mouth to say that – it was too late :) or… was it?? When there’s a will, there’s a way. So I just went downstairs and ripped off 3 nice cones.

Now you are probably asking “and what about the tree?” (good job Loreta - you learnt to anticipate questions that readers may ask :) Ohh, we just left it. Just kidding :p Of course we took it to the place where all Christmas trees get together before they go to their paradise.

3 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

Ohmygosh! You are totally right! There are pyramids on top of Market Mall . . . they are everywhere. The question is . . . why??? How mysterious.

anna said...

Ciurlionis wrote one picture with a pyramid with smoke. It is called:
Aukuras, 1909. What does it mean in Lietuviuen, "a Pyramid"?
Yulia

Felice said...

Wau, Yulia!! I am impressed with your knowledge! Čiurlionis was a great painter. The picture you mentioned is realy beautiful. However, aukuras doesn't mean a pyramid in Lithuanian. Piramid is.... you will laugh - piramidė :) Very similiar :) And aukuras means hmmm that's not easy to explain. My vocabulary says an ALTAR. But aukuras is not in church. It used to be a special place ouside for saint fire and sacrifices in pagan times. It was usually made from stones.