Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Memories of Wildlife

One of the things that I like most about Canada is its amazing Wildlife. I remember my endless OOOOOO AAAAA YYYYY emotions when I first time saw a deer through the kitchen window three years ago during my first visit to Canada!!! Of course there are a lot of deer in Lithuania but the only place I saw them was in the Zoo :).
In addition to deer, I have seen other wild animals here. And (ups, Scott doesn’t let us use this at the beginning of the sentence :) not only seen… I remember very strong emotions when I was chasing a moose around a barn for the very first time in my life! That guy had antlers which made him even more exotic to me.

Other animals that I have heard a few times but have never seen are coyotes. Their howling froze my blood a few nights… They are not the ones that I would like to meet at night :). I could say the same thing about bears. Last summer, when I went on a camping trip all throughout Alberta and British Columbia, I had good chances to meet those fuzzies. I’m grateful I didn’t! On the other hand, I saw a lot of small animals, the most memorable were gophers. What stupid things they are! Standing on the highway and just waiting to be driven over. Yikes! Luckily, I haven’t seen them yet this year.

What about your experiences, my Dear Readers?


PS I took all of these pics through the window :)



6 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

You can use "AND" at the beginning of your sentences in blogs :-)

I saw a coyote on campus the other day! Can you believe it? I hope the rabbits are fast enough to escape.

Alif said...

Great! You are living with a peaceful animal. I wish I could live such a place where all peaceful animals can come.
Anyways, the blog is great.

Nick Yang said...

Hi Loreta, you seem like wild animals very much. I still remember when I was living in Kananaskis Hall, I saw a fox walk walking cross me. In addition, I choose to take MATH 221 because this semester I have lots of time to study it, and it will be easier to get a higher mark. HAHA. ^_^

Nick Yang said...

Hi Loreta, it seems that you like wild animals very much. I still remember when I was living in Kananaskis Hall, I saw a fox walk walking cross me. In addition, I choose to take MATH 221 because this semester I have lots of time to study it, and it will be easier to get a higher mark. HAHA. ^_^

I am SORRY. I fixed my first sentence.

anna said...

Yes, and how about squirrels living in your backyard or lovely chipmunks somewhere near Lake Lius or snakes crossing the highway in BC!
The photos in your blog are very nice.
Yulia

serenity said...

The first I saw animals on campus,I was so amazed that animals can live so close to people!
The envirment of Canada is pretty good!