Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Sixth Blog :)


Hello, guys! How is your reading week going? Studying each day? I actually do :) I haven’t done almost any writing yet, but I’ve read a lot. I’ve heard reading is one of the best and least painful ways to improve your language.

One more thing that I am enjoying during this week is cooking :) For example, today I cooked a stir-fry of carrots, tomato, tuna and rice :) it was not bad, but I have a feeling that my Chinese friends would have complained about the rice – it was too mushy :) And for desert I made an apple pie :) Niam niam! It is an equivalent to English yummy. Actually I heard one Canadian 2-year old boy saying niam niam as he was eating a piece of pizza; ) see – children have a Lithuanian soul, which they probably forget about as they grow older!

Hmmm, my post still contains a little bit less that 200 words (I’m counting:), so I need to write something more :) Last Sunday I went to my first Canadian baptism in Canada!! One of the funniest things was that the baby slept all through the ceremony waking up only at the end :) Even a priest was astonished by this. Actually, that guy was pretty funny – he called the parents of the baby farmers although they don’t have anything in common with farming activities :) By the way, talking about priests… I have been 3 times in 3 different churches in Canada and all the priests that held the mass were foreigners!!! Once I even talked a little bit in German to one priest after mass :)

No comments: