Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hockey Night in Canada

























Wow, what a Saturday I had!!! I went to the… hockey game in the Saddledome!!! :D The Calgary Flames were playing the Colorado Avalanche. Actually, it was my first time watching this sport. When I entered the stadium, my first impression was wow – so many hockey fans!!! Almost all of them were dressed in special red outfits and held various posters. I had a very good seat – in the fifth row! Therefore, I could take so many pictures without zooming in.

I think this game is quite cruel… Players hit each other so many times; two guys even had to leave the rink because of their bloody noses… Ewww! In addition, they pushed each other to the glass walls so strongly that it seemed that the glass wall would fall down. Another thing, this time funny – the refs were jumping like rabbits over the sliding puck whenever it came on their way. Moreover, our neighbor from a higher row tried to affect the Colorado’s goalie’s concentration by shouting his last name Buuuuuuuuuudaaaaaaj and sending him some hex with his hands pointed towards the goalie and shaking his fingers as if he was some kind of magician.

The most awesome thing about the game was that they showed my face on the big screen! What an honor. :D Hee hee! Ok, enough about sports. To be honest, I don’t really like watching such games. I think playing them instead is healthier :)
Ups, I just realised I forgot to mention that Calgary won 5:2 :)

1 comment:

anna said...

Hi, I know it's great ti watch the hockey match being at the stadion. Many years ago I visited the match between "Flames" and "Vancouver Canacks" with Russian Bure. It was a show, not sport of course, these flames that appear after each goal scored by "Flames". But it was really great. Yulia