Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Angels


Hello, my Friends :)
It’s my 12th blog… Hmmm what to write about..? Oh, I know :)

Many people have a hobby collecting things. Some collect stamps, others - currency from different countries (bad news for these collectors – currency in many countries will soon be the same because the Euro’s replacing many national currencies in the EU countries), info about some celebrity, beer cans or… even memories (why not?). I didn’t think I was collecting anything until the day when I noticed that I like little statues and souvenirs of Angels!
I don’t know when this trend has started, but the more time passes, the more angels I surround myself with. I buy them myself or someone gives me as a present… One angel I even made myself from felt and beads :)

Why are they special to me? Because they are such beautiful creations!!! I just love their humble beauty, friendly eyes, secret smiles and praying hands. They symbolize to me some kind of guardianship and fellowship, if you know what I mean. I guess my special attitude towards angels must have been partially influenced by my religion. Indeed, Angels are very important in Catholicism. How about other religions? What are your feelings about Angels? Have you heard anything about them?

4 comments:

Steven said...

Similar to you, I also like to collect something, and my favorite collections are my works, including every step of my design works such as the first draft, the second draft, the diagram, and the final draft. I like the works in the process rather than the finished works. Unfortunately, there is not enough space for me to store all my collection in my room. Every year, I have to throw some of my collections into the garbage can. In other words, I have to suffer from the pain every year. In contrary, I can enjoy the happy when I got some new collections.

anna said...

Each Russian Christian Orthodox has the Guardian Angel whom he or she receives from God at birth. This Angel follows you through all your life, protecting you from different troubles and temptations. You can pray to him asking for help and support. Some Christians even have a lent on each Monday, devoted to the Guardian Angel.
Yulia

Super Saiyan said...

I think you may want a small statue of my self because I am a little ANGEl, aren't I !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Good luck collecting these stuff.

June said...

i think most people have the experience that they collected something when they were young. I also like angels, they are preety. i remember my friend gave me a angel at one of my birthday party. i really like it!:-)